Quail Hollow Resort
11080 Concord-Hambden Road
Painesville, OH 44077
Special PSTC Room Rate: $119/night
This course covers details of coating and converting methods, along with in-depth discussion of testing methods and analytical tools. Class is unique in its combination of classroom discussions and lab-based demonstrations, allowing for deep exploration of the course topics.
- Improve your understanding and build a stronger foundation in the fundamentals of making and testing tapes.
- Eight of the most widely used coating systems and equipment with demonstrations of one or two systems
- Defect descriptions and corrective actions of the three most common coating systems: Hot melt, Mayer rod, and reverse roll coater
- Parameters and techniques for selecting the best coating method for a specific PSA
- Mixing techniques and rationale for each style as well as demonstrations
- Web handling with emphasis on wrinkle prevention and web spreaders
- Drying and curing systems with emphasis on selection the right one for a specific situation
- The most commonly used four slitting techniques and equipment with the reasons for selecting each combined with demonstrations of two systems
- PSA properties, tape testing using PSTC methods and additional tests combined with demonstrations and explanation of how the unique properties of PSAs affect the accuracy of results.
Learn from the best faculty in the field. Faculty members are currently working executives in the PSA Tape industry with more than 250 accumulated years of experience! Network, share ideas, discuss concepts!
Member rate $995
Non-member rate $1295
*PSTC’s PSA Tape training center is with Chemsultants International, our alliance partner building excellence in PSA Tape performance. Their “state-of-the-art” classroom teaching and production facilities allows attendees the ultimate training experience. Facility location: http://www.chemsultants.com/contact/locations.aspx.